GENERAL SYNOD 2010 MEMBERS’ TRAVEL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
Travel expenses as defined below apply to members and invited partners of General Synod (“qualified persons”). General Synod is not responsible for travel expenses of other persons accompanying a qualified person.
1. All air and train travel must be booked through UNIGLOBE ENTERPRISE TRAVEL. Travel booked with UNIGLOBE will be paid directly by General Synod and should not be included on the Travel Expense Form.
There are some restrictions on train travel. General Synod will pay the lesser of train fare or economy air fare. Should train fare be higher than economy air fare, delegates will be advised of the difference in cost by UNIGLOBE and, should they choose to travel by train, will be invoiced by General Synod for the difference.
Qualified persons, who are driving, see Sections 2, 3, and 4 below.
2. Qualified persons within a reasonable driving distance, who drive to Halifax for General Synod, will be reimbursed a mileage allowance at the rate of 40¢ per km. The mileage allowance is paid only to the driver; meals en route are paid for the driver and passengers who are qualified persons. (also see Section 3). Carpooling is encouraged.
Other qualified persons, who prefer to drive, will receive the lesser of economy airfare (as determined by UNIGLOBE) or the mileage rate of 40¢ per km.
Parking is available at the University and will be paid for by the General Synod.
3. The General Synod will pay travel expenses for one return trip to Halifax. It will not pay travel expenses for clergy or others returning to their parishes or homes during Synod.
4. Amounts indicated for meals are suggested maximums and apply only when extended travel time, or the timing of connecting flights necessitates.
5. Receipts must be provided for ALL expenses other than mileage allowance.
Note: The PDF version of this document includes a Travel reimbursement form.