Daily Update: Friday June 11
Photo of the day:
Ms. Sooriyakumary Sinnathamby ,a staff member of the Organization for Eelam Refugees Resettlement (OfERR), a PWRDF partner agency working with Tamil refugees in India, addresses General Synod 2010. Photo by Brian Bukowski/General Synod Communications
Latest news stories and news releases from General Synod 2010:
- Human sexuality statement produces historic moment in the life of the church
- Resolution A115: Affirmation of Sexuality Discernment Carried
Orders of the Day:
This daily schedule of events will be published each morning of Synod in PDF format. A summary of all events can be found in the Agenda.
This unofficial summary of the previous day’s General Synod proceedings is posted daily for members and the general public (in PDF format):
Updates from www.anglican.ca/gs2010
These stories were published by the Anglican Journal, the church’s editorially independent newspaper, since yesterday morning. Up-to-date stories can be found at anglicanjournal.com.
- Meeting with the Lutherans
- Hope within diversity
- A step in the right direction
- Why is there still hunger?
- OPINION: General Synod 2010 has been successful for most, but great challenges remain
- ‘Deep concern’ expressed
- Money matters
- In other news, General Synod…
- Straight talk
- ‘A new vision of what church can be’
More ways to follow General Synod 2010 online:
- Watch live gavel-to-gavel webstreaming on anglican.ca
- Get real-time updates on our Twitter page or by following us at @GS2010live
- Read updates via our Facebook page
- View photo galleries of people and events at General Synod on Flickr
From June 3 to 11, 2010, over 300 members will gather in Halifax, N.S. for the Anglican Church of Canada’s national meeting, General Synod, held once every three years.