Procedure for Election of Prolocutor and Deputy Prolocutor
PROCEDURES FOR ELECTION OF PROLOCUTOR
AND DEPUTY PROLOCUTOR OF THE GENERAL SYNOD 2010
- The job description of Prolocutor and Deputy Prolocutor as well as nomination forms will be mailed to delegates in the Convening Circular.
- Nominations for Prolocutor, in writing, with nominees consent and some biographical background will be accepted by the Chair of the Nominating Committee until 7:00 p.m. Friday, June 4th, 2010. Biographical information will be available at the end of the evening session, Friday, June 4th 2010.
- Following introduction of the candidates, voting, with a majority being required for election, will take place at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, June 5th 2010.
- Upon the election of a Prolocutor, nominations will be called for Deputy Prolocutor and will be accepted until 9:30 a.m. Monday, June 7th. 2010 Biographical information will be available at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 7th, 2010
- Following introduction of the candidates voting, with a majority being required for election, will take place at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 8th 2010.
- Provincial caucuses will meet to elect members for the Council of General Synod at 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 8th, 2010.
February 25, 2010