General Synod 2007: IN PLENARY
Welcome to IN PLENARY, a feature that we hope will help Anglicans to appreciate and understand the complex issues that will be before General Synod in June, and also allow you to comment on those issues and to converse with other Anglicans from across the country.
Between now and the start of General Synod on June 19, we hope to post a new article on a new topic every three weeks or so. Your responses and comments are welcome.
The ground rules for participating in these discussions are simple. We ask that you be relatively brief, respectful of the views of others and that you state your position using moderate language. You must also provide your name and your place of residence (city or town is adequate.) Your comments will be reviewed before they are posted, and they may be edited.
Contributions that do not meet these criteria will not be posted.
- May 7: The North is our soul
Rt. Rev. Anthony Burton
Bishop of Saskatchewan
Chair of the Council of the North
- April 23: The way forward
Chair, Financial Management and Development Committee
- April 5: A General Synod without walls
Rev. Dr. Michael Thompson
- March 16: National Indigenous Bishop: the person and the office
Rt. Rev. Mark MacDonald
- February 27: Core doctrine and Adiaphora - What's the difference?
Rev. Dr. Stephen Andrews
- February 6: Governance: one more review
- January 11: General Synod 2007: event, gathering, meeting
Dean Peter Wall
Chair, General Synod Planning Committee