Notice from the Acting General Secretary of General Synod pursuant to Rule of Order 13 to Members of General Synod
Notice is hereby given pursuant to rule 13 of the Rules of Order and Procedure of this General Synod that the following amendments to the Declaration of Principles, the Constitution, the Rules of Order and Procedure and to existing Canons of the General Synod will be proposed for enactment to the 39th Session of the General Synod to be held at Halifax, Nova Scotia, June 3-11, 2010
The Declaration of Principles
- Resolution A016 – Second reading to an amendment to section 6 re election, etc. of a National Anglican Indigenous Bishop.
- Resolution A017 – Second reading to an amendment to section 6 re election of Bishop Ordinary to the Canadian Forces.
- Resolution A018 - Second reading – Membership of National Indigenous Anglican Bishop in General Synod
- Resolution A019 – GWG – 1 First Reading to amend sections 3,4, and 5 re membership in General Synod.
- Resolution A026 – Amendment to section 8 – adding Membership of the National Indigenous Bishop in the General Synod.
- Resolution A027 – GWG – 2 Amendment to section 3 re President and Chair of General Synod
- Resolution A028 – GWG – 3 Amendment to section 6 – Chairing the Different Orders
- Resolution A029 – GWG -7 Amendment to section 8 f) – Clerical and Lay members of General Synod
- Resolution A030 – GWG – 8 Amendment to section 33 a) re Size of CoGS
- Resolution A031 – GWG – 9 Amendment to section 35 re CoGS meetings
- Resolution A032 – Amendment to section 39 c) re size of Partners in Mission/EcoJustice Committeee
- Resolution A033 – Amendment to sections 13 b); 16 c) & e) and Section 45; Operational Role of Primate and General Secretary
- Resolution A034 – Amendment to section 33 a) & f) re the Anglican Council of Indigenous People
- Resolution A035 – Amendment to section 33 a) & f) re Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
- Resolution A036 – Communications re the business of Synod
- Resolution A037 – Restructuring of Financial Management and Development
The Rules of Order and Procedure
- Resolution A041 – GWG – 4 GWG – 4 Consequential Amendments to the Rules of Order and Procedure
- Resolution A051 – GWG – 6 Enactment of Canon XXII re National Anglican Indigenous Bishop, Anglican Council of Indigenous People and the Sacred Circle
- Resolution A052 – Canon VIII Pensions Amendments
- Resolution A053 – Canon VII re the Missionary Society of the Church in Canada, Revised
- Resolution A054 – Revision of Canon VI – Financial Management
- Resolution A055 – References to the Financial Management and Development Committee in Canon II (Corporate Seal) and Canon XI (Anglican Book Centre)
- Resolution A056 – Canon III – The Primate – Amendments recommended by the Role of the Primacy Task Force
- Resolution A057 – Amendments to Canon XII and the Regulations